Sunday, April 28, 2013

Always testing

Here are the two successful tests.

The first is a cone 6 snowflake crackle from John Britt/ Hard to see it in this phone camera pic but it really does have a nice crackle. I didn't get the snowflake effect but I suspect it wasn't thick enough.


This one is a cone 6 oil spot with a cover glaze, again both are from John Britt. This turned out great. I just used 11% zircopax as a colorant. I have test batches mixed with crimson stain and copper carbonate. 


Speaking of tests... this was my morning. All are different base glazes or existing glazes I have used in the past. I want to get a baseline set of tests then start tweaking from there. There are 4 different iron reds in that picture. A number of ash glazes and some strontium matte glazes. 


3 comments:

scott scott said...

Very nice Eric.

Maak Bow said...

Hi
I am really interested in the cone 6 snowflake crackle from John Britt....and the cone 6 oil spot with a cover glaze, again both are from John Britt. This turned out great. I just used 11% zircopax as a colorant. ...

Would you share the recipes?

Maak Bow said...

Opps. Not sure how some of your text got pasted into the message above.

Would love the recipes for these. Does anyone know where to get them.?

Cheers