Sunday, January 9, 2011

First batch of test tiles for the new year

I got the first batch of test tiles out of the kiln for the new year. Some good, some not so good.

The black temmoku looked terrible. The iron red line test looked meh all the way from 5% to 14%. I think I need to switch base recipes for that one.

The old stand by recipes that had drastically over fired previously all came out great; lorio ash, nuka, seiji nuka.

My oxy red came out very streaky. I am going to scrape that recipe as well. It uses cornwall stone which I have learned is no longer being mined.

I would jump in with both feet today in mixing up new batches to test but I am down hard with the flu plus... I am out of test tiles. I have to make some more.

No comments: