Sunday, November 28, 2010

Time to work on that glaze palette again

So with a new studio and the old cone 6 glazes not really working it's time to decide what glazes I want/need and get to work.

First I want some good ash glazes. I will be working to get a version of lorio ash that works in the new kilns. I am also going to try to get some color into the ash glazes. I will be doing line tests to see if I can get a purple ash using manganese carb.

I have a clear but it's not quite right. I will look to reduce the melting point a bit.

I will be doing line tests for an iron red. This one should have been a gimme but for some reason isn't looking right.

I will be looking for a black temmuko.

I will be creating a faux celedon.

I will try my chrome red to see if it works in the new kilns.

As I do the line tests I will post recipes.

No comments: