Saturday, July 24, 2010

Steady progress

While I have been avoiding my obsession with glazes I have been throwing myself into the current class. I am concentrating on improving my pots - not just my glazes. I am having a ton of fun. I am making a lot of pots but most of them suck. They suck because I am doing things I am not comfortable doing. I am doing things I am not good at. It's kind of odd. I am having more fun making really terrible pots.

I am learning to cut darts out to turn pots oval.

I am pulling pouring lips on pots.

I was challenged to "make a cute pot". Ever try to make a cute pot?

I am making tea pots from closed forms.

I am making spouts from slabs.

These are all new for me. The pots I am making show my inexperience with the techniques. So no cool new pots to post. Not even kinda good new pots to post. But hey, I am happy and making progress.

No comments: