Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Some changes

I try to keep non-pottery stuff out of this blog but sometimes other topics bleed through. This is one such post.

My pottery is on hold for awhile. In the next 30 days I will be getting married and moving.

This impacts my pottery because I will be moving away from the studio I currently share. I will still be close enough that I can go but it will no longer be a quick trip, instead about 30-40 minutes each way. I know myself well enough to know this means a lot less time in the studio.

But it's not all bad news.

The new place has a half an acre with two free standing sheds. One is already configured very close to how I would set up a studio. Lots of shelves, skylights, good ventilation. The only thing missing is running water.

The other shed? It's a tear down... and rebuild as a kiln shed.

So my pottery efforts will be slowing and shifting focus. But in the end I should have a home studio as well as a fuel fired kiln. Reduction glazes here I come =)

No comments: