Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm melting....

No, not my glazes.

It's like a mile from the surface of the Sun here. We set an all time record high today. 103. The studio does not have AC.

I don't want to throw because even if I cover the pot it will still be at risk of drying out before I get back to trim it.

That leaves glazing and firing the kiln. And it's 103 and no AC. Firing a kiln? No thank you.

It's funny, the extended cold snap messed with my studio time because my clay froze. Now it's too dang hot. Oh well, can't change the weather.

1 comment:

Matthew Katz said...

Hi,
My name is Matt Katz and I write Slipcast Blog (http://www.slipcast.blogspot.com). I am collecting a master list of ceramics blogs. I have added your blog to my list, Please check it out. If you know of a blog that I have missed. Please let me know.
Love your blog,
Thanks
Matt