Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What next?

One ... I dunno... issue I have is as soon as I am satisfied I have figured out how to do something I tend to move on. So now I am looking for what to do next. I had been working on making these weird handles, I finally figured out how to do and have lost interest. 

Now I am thinking about image transfer. A lot of ceramic artists do it and I have no idea how. What's worse is I don't really have any thought to what images to transfer. I just have this itch to investigate the process and train myself to understand it. 

Our studio has purchased a booth in a local arts and crafts show in June. I am working to have 25 pieces ready for that show. As a weekend potter this is harder than it sounds. I only complete on average 2 or 3 pieces per week.

I am working on v2 of my glaze database. Rewriting it as OO. I am old school and wrote it in a procedural style. I will be adding extensive logging. I used javascript for most functions so the page tracking doesn't tell the true story of the actual traffic. Also adding the tagging functionality. Some folks have been using it. 

No comments: