Saturday, July 12, 2008

A quick update

I am going to fire some glaze tests today. The last batch of glazes tests didn't melt well.

For the slip test I decided to go to a straight flux and colorant mix. I am firing three tiles; F3134 plus stain, Neph Syn plus stain, and Grestly Borate plus stain. I am looking for a good melt plus transparency.

Next I am going to drop the melt point for the iron red base I was testing. I'm not 100% sure what I am going to do for this... maybe just add 5% grestly borate. I dunno. I'll post it what I do.

Lastly I am going to refire the aku stuff I did a couple weeks ago to see if I can get better color now that I have figured out how to get a good reduction in the kiln.

A full day plus I am going to work on throwing a pitcher form that doesn't suck.

No comments: